February 7, 2018 - Board Meeting Highlights
The Board of Trustees is pleased to share with all education stakeholders highlights from their recent meeting. The adopted minutes will be available online following the next regular Board meeting scheduled for 1:00pm March 7, 2018 in High River.
- acknowledged the traditional territories of the of the people of Treaty 7 region in Southern Alberta and the Métis National of Alberta Region 3.
- received an update from Principal Kevin Newman and Learning Coach Scott Flintoff on the Dr. Morris Gibson Education Plan.
- received an update from French Immersion Faciliator, Lesley Doell on the French Immersion program within Foothills School Division.
- moved to pursue the establishment of Late French Immersion program in okotoks, dependent on receiving sufficient registrations prior to a March 15, 2018 deadline.
- approved the 2018-19 School Calendar as presented.
- received a Capital update from Director of Planning Monica Kohlhammer.