FAQ's for the new year!
Welcome back! Here are a few FAQ's in one place for your convenience!
What is the first day of school?
- Grade 6 students return Tuesday, September 5th. Grade 7 and 8 students' first day is Wednesday, September 6th.
What time does school start?
- The warning bell is at 8:40 AM, and your first class begins at 8:45. Be here by 8:30 to be safe! Dismissal is 3:15.
Where do I pick up my bus pass?
- Passes can be picked up at the school office between 8:00 and 4:00, Monday to Friday.
What supplies will I need?
- A supply list was enclosed in your learner profile and is also available on the homepage of this website. You also have the option of ordering your supplies online from School Start, where they'll be delivered to your home. You don't even have to leave your house!
What classes do I have next year? What if I want to make changes to my optional classes?
- Students are able to see their timetable online through their Maplewood login (sent out in July). If you are going into grade 7 or 8 and would like discuss changes to your timetable, please call the school after August 23rd to book an appointment with Mrs. Roe. Changes must be made between August 23 - 29th. No option changes for any term will be considered after this time unless alternate arrangements are made with administration.
Do I take the bus to school? If so, where and when do I catch it?
- Transportation should contact you with details regarding busing; however, if you have any questions, please contact them directly at 403-652-6547 and leave a message. They will get back to you.
We are new to the school. How do I register my student?
- Please contact the school at 403-652-2346 to set up a registration appointment. Our office staff will be happy to help you.